DESIRE is committed to providing an inclusive environment. ASL interpreters are available.
We are actively seeking ways to improve our accessibility, and this page describes the currently available features of DESIRE. Please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org if you need more information or want to discuss accessibility issues further. On-site assistance will be available at Registration.
Sign Language Interpretation:
DESIRE will provide a team of ASL interpreters for all evening events, and interpreters are available for all workshops on request. The registration form includes a section to request interpreters, and our accessibility liaisons will follow up to discuss the details of the request. Please notify us as early as possible so we can arrange adequate staffing of interpreters.
When you register for DESIRE, there will be a pull down menu with a set of questions and a space at the end to add in more info if needed. The accessibility liaison will email everyone who indicates accessibility needs on registration to confirm or clarify accommodations. The accessibility liaison will follow up with you to clarify your specific needs and provide information on the available services. You can also email the accessibility liaison directly at email@example.com.
About the Event Space:
The back entrance is wheelchair-accessible.
Other features of the hotel include:
- Closed captioning is available on the televisions in the resort rooms.
- There will be Wi-Fi. The hotel provides free access to wifi for all registered guests in their rooms and for all attendees in the main hotel area.
- Fire alarms throughout the hotel are audible.
- The resort is smoke free. Resort policy is that any marijuana smoke, including vaping and medical, must be off hotel grounds. The resort will assess a fee for smoking in rooms or non-hospitality patios.
- All of the rooms include a coffee maker, coffee/tea, water (2 bottles at check-in), compact or tall refrigerator, microwave, hair dryer, two fluffy beach towels on the bed
There are a number of food options in the area.
- For those who do not want to leave the event, food delivery options are available from services such as GrubHub, Uber Eats, Postmates, and DoorDash. All food deliveries received must occur at the back entrance to the resort.
- There is a shopping area close by that has a Ralph’s grocery, Starbucks, and a few fast food places.
- There are many excellent restaurants close to where the resort is located, with many options available.
- DESIRE on-site lunch (Included in package) and dinner options include Meat, Vegetarian, Paleo, Gluten Free, and Pescatarian.
- Due to a severe allergy issues, please do not bring STRAWBERRIES into the event.
- The hotel also offers parking with accessible parking spaces near the back entrance.
- The nearest bus stop route 30 is 0.1 miles away at Ramon at Camino Real.
- Lyft and Uber both operate in the area. The hotel will also call cabs on request.
Accessibility to Event Spaces:
- Seating for those using wheelchairs and a companion along with ASL seating will be available at all evening events. Scooter parking near seats is also available.
- Microphones will be used for all evening events.
- Charging stations will be available for power wheelchairs and scooters.
- No strobes or quickly flashing lights will be used at the event. Dedicated staff photographers will be using flash photography.
- No fog machines, scented candles, or incense will be used by the event.
- Service animals are welcome at the event. Service animal relief will be outside.
- The DESIRE program will be available electronically.
- All attendees are asked to avoid colognes, perfumes, and other scented products for the benefit of chemically sensitive attendees. However, the soap used by the hotel in the bathrooms is strongly scented, and there will be many people wearing leather and possibly latex.
- Volunteers at the Registration table will be available to read items from the program as requested.
- Volunteers at the Registration table can provide a guided orientation to the event layout with prior arrangement.
- A quiet room (Hospitality) will be available for those needing a quiet or semi-private space from 10am-midnite daily.